~ Since 1994 ~ Houston Texas Chapter - Allanté-XLR Club of America ~ Since 1994 ~
Local Allante Contact: John Maida @ 713-822-4027 (text or call)
Local XLR Contact: Steven Colburn @ 936-520-0110 (text or call)
THIS WEB PAGE CONTAINS THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION ON HOUSTON ALLANTE CLUB EVENTS
Cafe Express - Multidecade Cadillac Convertible Rendezvous - March 2016
Georgetown Car Show - SAVE THE DATE
May 5th, Saturday, 10am-4pm (Rain Date May 12). Details below.
Keels & Wheels Concours Car & Yacht Show
May 6th, Sunday, 9-4pm, Keels & Wheels Concours Car & Yacht Show
Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook
Details for Georgetown Event:
Georgetown Texas Area Car Club (GTACC) 11th Annual Car Show and Charity Benefit
Sun City Social Center Parking Lot – 2 Texas Drive, Georgetown, Texas (about 189mi/2hr50min from The Houston Galleria area)
Registration 8:00 am – 10:00 am. Includes T-Shirt & Goodie Bag; 200 Car Limit.
Pre-Registration: $25; online at http://www.gtacc.org/club-car-show.html.
Day of Event Registration $30.
Awards 3:00 pm.
Show Times: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Spectators Free.
Proceeds from the show go to scholarships for Georgetown and East View High School graduating seniors, who have successfully completed the Automotive Technology Program and have committed to continuing their formal education, and to other worthy charitable causes in the Georgetown, Texas area.
The 2018 Car Show will feature:
- Impartial judging of all classes
- Approximately 200 Vehicles
- 35 or more classes
- Awards to top 3 in each class
- Special Awards (Best in Show, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior, Longest Distance Driven)
- Raffles, Auctions, Food, Vendors, Music, Entertainment
- Clean Indoor Restrooms!
For more information, watch for updates at www.GTACC.org or contact us at GTOWNACC.TX.MAIL@GMAIL.COM.
10 Acacia Way
Georgetown, TX 78633
Tel: 843 957-3821
"Proud Owner of a 1993
Cadillac Allante' Verde Flax"
~ Club Charter ~
Provide a free social forum for planning car show & special driving/parade events and for discussion of technical issues related to this classic automobile.
A technical advisor will be available at each meeting.
For 2018, we will conduct six regular Sunday coffee meetings at Café Express plus Saturday meets at Coffee & Cars (see schedule below)
Coffee Meet Location: CAFE EXPRESS at Uptown Park Shopping Center
(Cafe Express faces 610 West Loop, 1-mile north of the Houston Galleria at the Northwest corner of Post Oak Blvd and the loop)
GPS Coordinates: 29o 45' 23" N Latitude; 95o 27' 24" W Longitude
~ Official Schedule of Meetings ~
1) Jan 6th, Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
Jan 14th, Sunday 10:30am, Café Express
2) Feb 3rd, Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
3) Mar 3rd, Saturday 10am-4pm, Covey Trails Airport Run, Near Fulshear, Texas (Bar-B-Que)
CANCELED Mar 11th, Sunday 10:30am, Café Express (CANCELED)
4) Apr 8th, Sunday 10am-4pm Special Spring Drive to Naskila Casino near Livingston (bring gambling $$$)
5) May 5th, Saturday 10-2 Georgetown Car Show....see details above.
May 6th, Sunday 10:30am, Café Express followed by Keels & Wheels Car Show in Seabrook until 4pm
6) June 2nd Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
7) July 7th Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
July 14th Sunday 10:30am, Cafe Express
8) Aug 4th Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
9) Sept 1st Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
Sept 9th Sunday 10:30am, Café Express
10) Oct 6th Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
Oct 20/21 Sat/Sun Special Fall Drive: Wolf Creek Car Show on South Lake Livingston
11) Nov 3rd Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
Nov 11th Sunday 10:30am, Café Express
12) Dec 1st Saturday 8-10am Coffee & Cars Memorial City Mall
Founding Members (L-R): John Maida, Ken Stuntz, Alan Kolodny Esq., Gene Stuckey,
circa 1994 Cafe Express Uptown Park - Houston
Formerly known as: "The Allante Appreciation Group" (AAG)
Bluebonnet Run April 2017 - Hill Top Ranch (L-R: Steve & Diane Colburn and Bessanne & John Maida)
Bluebonnet Run April 2017 - Hill Top Ranch
Big Gun Bess
Bluebonnet Run April 2017 - Hill Top Ranch
(L-R: Bulent Sunay, Steve & Diane Colburn, John & Bessanne Maida, Mr & Mrs Joe DiVergilio)
Wolf Creek Car Show on Lake Livingston - Coldspring Texas, October 2016
First Annual Houston Polo Club Event 1994
John Maida "Boss Tex" in '90 Pearl/Burgundy and "Cuz" Dr. Gina Rizzo "DR-B4-MK" in Mary Kay-Ken Kogge '93 (aka Pinky-3) - Italian Festival, Houston Farm & Ranch Club - Oct 2008
John O'Quinn Museum Collection Tour - October 2009 / Unser-Ferrantino '93 Indy Pace Car - Jan 2008
(also see both Batmobiles and Duesenbergs in Houston club's photo pages)
Larry Hagman "JR Ewing" (80s TV Series "Dallas")
Sterling McCall Cadillac Museum Tour (Warrington, Texas): Major body design contrast changes shown.
Early Cadillac Convertibles: Pre-1905 and Powerfull 1930s V12s & V16s
Fun drive examples: Moody Gardens in Galveston and Hwy-390 towards old cotton town of Burton, Texas
Additional Coffee Meeting Fun Pics (below)
Members @ StarBucks 11-May-2008
Members @ StarBucks 2006 / Members @ Starbucks 1998
Recommended Houston Area Repair Shops
Mechanical / Electrical:
Primary Mechanic - Phil Yovino @ Kay's Automotove - Beltway-8 & Hwy 290 area (Windfern @ N. Gessner) - 832-467-2886
1) Veteran Trim & Supply
1616 Lubbock (Downtown Houston), Phone: 713-223-1553
2) Mike Blanchette of Blanchette Auto Trim (recommended by member Ken Stuntz), 14740 Hempstead Rd. HT 77040, Phone: 713.460.2832
3) Texas Trim..location off Louetta(sp) northside ???
Clear Lake Area - Frank's Auto Body -
1) Frank Tamburella is owner and he does custom body and paint work for cars, boats and race cars - 281-334-4414
2) Wayne Hudson at Joe Meyers Ford (recommended by member Randy Cox)
Hwy 6 & 290 (NW side), phone 936-718-4234
3) Progressive or Stetson's Garages, Bellaire Area, Phone ???
Local Club Items For Sale
Houston Allante Club Grille Badge - by: Nick Ferrantino & John Maida (available at regular coffee meetings, price $35)